It was one of those mornings. You know, a few hours into the morning and there were toys strewn across nearly ever floor surface of our house. There had been countless squabbles as my twins passionately wanted to play with whatever the other was playing. I felt like the demands of house work, laundry, work, bills and life were weighing heavy upon me.
In the midst of the stressful moments, there were also those sweet little voices saying “I wuv you mama” and “me play with bwother?” “yes sissie!” and on and on. Oh how grateful I am for those heart-stirring moments sprinkled throughout the chaos of being a stay at home mama!
I will be the first to admit that on these days, my sweet tooth is stronger than EVER. I mean, let me tell you: it sure is a good thing we don’t keep ice cream and other sweets in the house, or I would be a wreck!! So instead of grabbing a piece of bread with jam to overload my body with carbs and end up feeling worse than before, I decided some time baking while my children napped was just what I needed.
Is baking cathartic for you as well?! I would bake all day long if I could!
I tried out a new recipe for paleo chocolate chip cookies, and these little cookies hit the spot. They were an indulgence for sure, but not enough to fill me with guilt for eating 2 or 3 😉
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, lightly softened
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- t tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Beat together coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond four, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix well. Fold in chocolate and shredded coconut.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Form into balls and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the edges just begin to turn golden brown.